AUSTENVILLE OWLS CLUB
THE LAKEVIEW ROOM
RENTAL AGREEMENT - TERMS AND CONDITIONS July 2019
1. All rental events must meet the standards of Club decorum and respect the Nova Scotia Government Alcohol and Gaming Regulations and the Liquor License restrictions imposed under the Austenville Owls Club License.
2. Under our Liquor License personal alcohol beverages of any kind are NOT PERMITTED to be brought into the Club or on the Grounds. Wine purchased by the Club on behalf of a Renter will be subject to a corkage fee. Bartending services shall be arranged through the Club at a cost of $15.00 per hour with a minimum charge of 4 hours per event.
3. The Renter shall ensure that the limitations outlined by the Fire Marshall for the number of persons permitted in the event locations are not violated. These restrictions stipulate that only seventy-five (75) seated and one hundred and thirty (130) standing for events held in the Lakeview Room. The number of persons permitted for events held on the grounds must be approved by the Club Custodian prior to the event. The Duty Bartender has the authority to ensure that these guidelines are enforced.
4. The Duty Bartender or Club Bar Chairman has the authority to refuse alcohol to any individual(s) on the Club Premises or Property who, in the opinion of the aforementioned, is deemed to be intoxicated.
5. Rentals are for the use of the Lakeview Room and Grounds only, unless otherwise approved by the Club prior to the event. The upstairs Club Room is for members only. Any visitor attending a rental contracted event who wishes to access the Club Room, must be “signed in” by a Club Member and must depart the Club Room when the Club Member departs.
6. Should an event be cancelled the Renter will be reimbursed his / her deposit provided notice of cancellation is given at least forty-five (45) days in advance of the event. If the notice of cancellation be less than 30 days the Renters deposit shall be forfeited and any items purchased by the Club on behalf of the Renter shall be invoiced to the Renter.
7. Decorations placed in the Club or on Club property for a rental shall be removed by the Renter within 24 hours of completion of their event subject to availability.
8. The Renter accepts responsibility for any damage to the property, grounds, equipment utilized during their rental and any excessive cleaning costs.
9. Liquor cannot be consumed in the parking lot adjacent to Oakdale Crescent. Any liquor taken outside the Lakeview Room to the terrace or grounds shall be in a plastic cup. No glasses or bottles of any kind are to be taken outside the Lakeview Room.
10. SMOKING is not permitted in the Club or on the Club grounds. There is a smoking area in the Club’s parking area containing an appropriate butt receptacle.
(July 12, 2019)
All those renting the Austenville Owls Club premises shall read and acknowledge the Rental Regulations attached to the official Rental Agreement and a copy will be attached to the Rental Agreement provided by the Bar Custodian. For further Rental Information phone 902-401-2810
DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. Photos of the Owls Club facility are the property of the Austenville Owls Club. Use of any of these photos without the express written permission of the Owls Club Webmaster and Club Executive is not permitted. Through the owlsclub.ca website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of owlsclub.ca. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of those websites. In no event will the Austenville Owls Club be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.